Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Le Creuset knob replacement made easy


The lid to our lovely Le Creuset cast iron dutch oven recently crashed on our terrazzo floor. The black phenolic resin knob suffered catastrophic damage...a complete loss. A quick perusal of amazon.com found a replacement knob: $10+$6 for shipping. Well, we ordered one.

Then the idea struck...maybe the manufacturer sells replacements. It can't be that expensive to ship a knob from France, right? Well, after checking their website, I found out they don't sell replacements. I contacted customer service and received a very prompt response: What size pot do you have? Plastic or metal knob? After I replied to the email, a response came: Your new knob is in the mail. I canceled the amazon order.

They charged me a total of $0 for a new knob! Free! What a classy company! That's what I expect from the finest manufacturer of iron cookware. Viva La France!

No comments: